Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Essentially Upbraided


Another pair of finished socks! And I've fallen in love with Ann Budd's 'Better socks from the toe up' pattern in the summer 07 interweave knits. As soon as these came off the needles, I cast on two more pairs.

I apologize for the somewhat unclear pictures. My photographer's only around after 8 pm, so natural light is out of the question.

Details:
Essential superwash from knit picks in ash. Size 2 needles (again, knit picks - I'm an addict to their stuff). Pattern was, as mentioned, Ann Budd's toe-up socks from IK 07, plus some cabling that I added on my own. I love the way the braid travels upward, because of the toe up construction.

1 comment:

moonrat said...

hey bookstore girl... i've never mastered the knitting needles myself (to the extreme chagrin of my very crafty grandmother) but i HAVE mastered the bookstore thoroughly.

if you really like to read, i hope you'll check out this new blog that a group of internet friends are trying to start (thebookbook.blogspot.com). it's basically a reading log slash low-commitment virtual book club. if you like it and you're interested in contributing just drop me a line!