Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Ravelry

No, I haven't gotten my invite yet. And no, I'm not too upset about it. I'm excited, and thrilled and looking forward to it, but I can wait patiently with the rest of the world. Like a good video game or book sequel, I tell myself that all the waiting means the payoff will be better because the programmers/writer/coders will have more time to perfect their project.

But... that didn't stop me from checking my place in line here. The numbers were astounding. With some basic math skills that I possess (but can't seem to use when I'm figuring out my gauge), I figured out that there are 31,823 people signed up, many of whom have yet to be invited. 31,823 knitters. That's more people than my entire hometown.

Which got me to thinking. An entire town of knitters. That would be one hell of a yarn store!

2 comments:

Tama said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! I LOVE your Durrow Sweater!!!! That is gorgeous! And I remember those lace socks from the SAMKAL4--nice work! Are you Eastern Slope or Western Slope (CO)?

Tikabelle said...

Not to mention that some of the less desirable Rydell High-types would have moved away, making it a much better place to visit.