Sunday, February 3, 2008

The Tiger's Hiding in the Shu Mai

My husband and I often marvel at the strange sentences that we say, now that we're parents. Sure, there are the predictable, you're turning into your parents sentences. Yesterday, as we were getting ready to leave the Ikea cafe, my husband told our daughter: "Now, I don't want to hear you say 'I'm hungry" as soon as we leave." Those make us cringe a little, but aren't as surprising as the others.

Today, the sentence was "The tiger's hiding in the shu mai." My husband said it, then looked at me in that puzzled way. He was right. My daughter's small, plastic tiger was frolicking amongst her small, plastic food.

But it was still a weird sentence.

In other news...

I found our camera cable! Soon, I'll be able to post knitting pictures again. Whee!

No comments: