Monday, March 31, 2008

Save the Rainforest, Adult and Toddler


This yarn was originally destined to be a Christmas present. It's Lorna's Laces Sheperd Sock Multi in a limited edition colorway called Rainforest done for Jimmy Beans Wool. It has way more purple that I usually like. Yet, it sat in my yarn drawer over the holidays and managed to hide out from the casting-on monster. Then, whoops, somehow it snuck out last month and managed to find itself into a pair of socks just my size!

I felt a little badly about this, so I immediately cast on another pair, in my daughter's size. She loves having matching socks.

As you can see from the above picture, I made mine into anklets. I managed to get all four socks out of one skein, plus a few rows of a second. So, I have nearly a full skein sitting around, waiting to be a gift. Or maybe the toe and heel of a gift, because no one seems to like anklets as much as I do!

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

Awwww! Baby Brenna feet! Super cute!

I'm finishing up school essays today (Hurrah for Cesar Chavez Day!) and then starting on my SOAR application. I hope I get it - it would be so fun to see you! Yay!