Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Things that keep me awake

I have never considered myself a problem sleeper (I can already hear my mom laughing). These days, however, I hardly seem to be getting the REM I need. Let's see why, shall we?

1. Nursing babies. Top of the List.

2. Sweater designs. I lay in bed and think about cable patterns and yos and sleeve shapes. Right now I'm thinking something a little Tilted Duster, but with cables and a different collar, or the $1.50 cardigan, but symmetrical. I can't wear assymmetrical things. Drives me batty faster than a bowl full of fruit. (Fruit bat, get it?)

3. My cat. Though she is actually my husband's cat, she has decided that she needs to sleep on my legs. Just there. Right where it's uncomfortable.

4. My book. I stay up planning strange things like what they usually do for Thanksgiving to how much they like skiing. I comfort myself with the thought that it helps it be a better book, but I think I may be rationalizing.

5. The giant effing wildebeast that has somehow snuck (sneaked?) into our attic to rearrange furniture in the middle of the night. Yeah. I'm so calling the landlord about that one.

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

Does your new place have a wee ghostie? How exciting! You're on the proper coast, you could call Ghost Hunters. :)