Saturday, August 30, 2008

Brand New Bag

Things I love about my new knitting bag:

1. I made it.
2. I didn't use a pattern, just designed it myself.
3. A major stashbuster
a. The lining is all fat quarters leftover from when I used to quilt
b. The notions were all in my drawer, except for the interfacing (which was the only thing I bought)
c. The outer bag is from an old pair of pants that I loved, but were never going to fit again because they were 10 sizes too big.
4. It's much lighter weight (and not as hot to carry in the summer) than my previous one (a felted Booga Bag).
5. It's my first completed project on my new(ish) sewing machine that was last year's Christmas present.
6. It has pocketses - two compartments (one for instructions and one for yarn and needles), plus a zipper pocket for notions and my wallet.
7. It's big enough to carry a complete sweater!

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

Right ON! I need to learn to sew, especially given the proclivities of my mother. Love that your pants will never fit again - congratulations! I need to do the same; 8 months of buttery, white-rice Indian food has played hell with my figure. :)

Amelia said...

You go, girl!