Monday, September 29, 2008
Little things that make me unreasonably happy
1. Tiny Jayne Hats. They're addictive. I know the first 3 before I finished my first mug of coffee on Saturday. The fourth one took a little longer, as I was helping Sweet Pea wend her way through the cell stage of Spore (she's already completed her own cell stage, so I suppose that's item 1b). These hats also ridiculously pad out my FO count.
2. I'm going on vacation this week. I have no idea how October snuck up so fast, but we're heading out. I feel totally unprepared for my first actual vacation as a parent and almost as scared as I am excited. We'll see how it goes.
3. My cold is dying down. I was not looking forward to said vacation while sick.
4. My new sweats. They fit like yoga pants, but are unbearably soft and delightfully fleecy.
5. My kids' new pajamas. They're damned cute.
6. In the long list of 'to do before we leave', I have already nearly completed the most important; what knitting to pack. I have wound most of it and kitted it into ziploc bags with the appropriate needles. I have: 2 sweaters, 1 pair of socks (2 total), 1 pair of mitts (2 total) and 1 lace shawl. I say nearly, because I am debating as to whether or not I should add a 2nd lace shawl. It seems like overkill, but all my other projects have buddies! I may pack a second one...
7. Subway has discovered that you can put all the ingredients of a sandwich onto a salad. I love this.
More knitting details to come!