Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dual Wield Lace


Throw your hands in the air for another UFO post! You saw some lace yesterday, so I thought it only fair to come clean about my other lace knitting. Ever since I became addicted to lace knitting, I like to have two such projects on the needles at all times. When one pattern really starts to get repetitive or memorized, I like to start another one. When I get frustrated with learning the new one, I go back to the first. If this sounds crazy to you, you really don't want to know how many total projects I have going. This is the first scarf (rather than stole) that I've started from VLT (pattern details here), and I love it. It's all for me. The yarn is knit picks shadow in Spring Green Heather, which is a lovely yellowy-green and knits up super soft. I started this a few days before Christmas, after finishing up all my gift knitting, and it has been terribly fun to knit. I am currently knitting my way back up the 2nd side, and am nearly halfway there. I can't wait to finish for two reasons; 1) I can't wait to wear this scarf and 2) this...

That's beautiful lace weight wool from Henry's Attic hand dyed for me, by my friend Cozy. I was lucky enough to have her draw my name for our knit night holidays swap and I am dying to get this yarn on the needles. I hadn't even gotten it all the way home before I decided that it was destined to become this. I have no idea where I will put this, on the wall, on my back, wherever, but I have wanted this shawl since I saw the pattern and now I have yarn destined for it. It gives me warm, squishy, knitty feelings and I can't wait.

Now I just need to go finish my scarf. Please excuse me.

3 comments:

Tikabelle said...

Oooosohot! The new lace yarn is absolutely gorgeous, and so you. Well done, swap mate!

Tikabelle said...

P.S. - I just read the title of your post and YOU ARE A HUGE DORK.

Brie said...

Yes, yes I am. Especially when you consider that knitting is, by default, dual wield. You don't even have to wait until lvl 10 to get it!

/enddork