Sunday, January 18, 2009

Winter IK

I finally got a chance to sit down with my coffee and a quiet toddler to look at the Winter 08/09 Interweave Knits. Little dude spent a lot of time pointing at pages and saying 'yar,' which either means he's a pirate or a burgeoning yarn-oisseur. We also worked on colors, and he seems to think everything is blue.

When the preview came out, I fell in love with Ropes and Picots, but didn't have much use for anything else. Now, I'm not sure if I'm on a hat kick because of the below freezing temps or seeing the magazine in person is just that much more appealing, but I've gone ahead and thrown the Lifted Twill, Sweet Honey Beret and the Pfeiffer falls hoodie in my queue. Brenna looks adorable in berets and tams, though she seems to lose them at a frightening rate.

I also found the Woven Bands pullover by Hana Jason fabulous. I think I like the sweater, but it might just be the model's totally hot resembles to Vaughn in Alias. I know Will would never wear it, but maybe for me? I'll be watching the ravelry gallery for this one...

I have already cast on for the Ropes and Picots, in a lovely chocolately brown, but I will have to pull it out. I did the mitts (see earlier blog) and gauge swatches. Just because I did a gauge swatch, however, doesn't mean I can just go forward! They came out 24 sts/", rather than 21 sts/".

No comments: