Sunday, May 10, 2009

Moms




It's been a long and busy day here at Chez Book, and it's passed bedtime and the kids are still running around without pajamas, but I just wanted to say a couple words. Or rather, show a couple pictures (mostly knitting free).

My mom just visited us from out of town, and we had a great visit and took tons of pictures. In looking through them tonight, not a single one on anyone's camera has a picture of the two of us. So, instead, I give you a couple pictures of the amazing woman who raised me with the two crazies that I am attempting to raise. She loved the pictures in the last blog of her new socks, but I love these.

ETA: Due to mom-type responsibilities of my own, this post was not published until 8 hours post-Mother's day. I take comfort in the fact that, due to the time change, it's only 4 hours late on Alaska time.


I was taken by a photograph of you
There were one or two I know that you would have liked a little more
But they didn't show your spirit quite as true
-Jackson Browne

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

Awww, yay for moms! Next time you talk to her, please pass along a hello from me. She's lovely, and so are you!

Beth said...

Thank you sweetpea! It's been a joy to be your mom and now I have the joy of being a G!