Monday, June 29, 2009

A Birthday and A Hat


The Little Dude turned 2 last week. My knitted contribution was this hat. It's another, loosely based on Jared Flood's Turn A Square pattern, which I adore. I say loosely, because I'm not exactly sure where that pattern is anymore, so it's based on what I remembered from knitting 5 or 6 of these last year. The ribbing does continue all the way up, which actually turned out to be pretty cute. It's 92 yards of Andean Treasure in both Moss and Embers Heather, and yet another stash buster.

This hat has a matching scarf, which I actually knit first. But... the scarf is already missing. I'm hoping that it turns up before the cold does. I've given it several months to show its face.

There were plenty of non-knitting contributions to the birthday as well. The entire morning was spent baking. We made homemade carrot cake and a homemade flourless chocolate torte. Both were tasty, but the carrot cake shredded as I tried to get it out of the pan. It was a good breakfast, though! Next year - spring form pan.

No comments: