Thursday, August 13, 2009

Trains and Unicorns

My knitting mojo seems to have left me. I've got some projects on the needles, but nothing thrilling and... that's fine. I'm starting a new job in a couple of weeks and it will take most of my 'brain time'. I got a new book on canning (and some other accoutrements) to try out later this week.

But... my kids wanted bathrobes. And I couldn't find any that I liked. And I have a sewing machine. Yesterday was a field trip to the fabric store and today...



Simplicity pattern 2826, with a few mods. Mods are dangerous because I really know very little about sewing. I went for a top stitching to hold the facing down, rather than understitching and the iron (I think those terms are right, but maybe not). They're both a size 4, and it's a bit big on the Little Dude. But they're a huge hit. And my sewing machine and I are becoming closer.

2 comments:

tiennie said...

They are so adorable! Bigger is better on kids - they grow so fast!

Beth said...

Those are adorable robes on my squeezably cute grandchildren. Could you find models with sweeter expressions?

xoxox
G