Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Confession and... a change?

If you know me, you're probably not surprised to hear me admit that I'm a perfectionist. Maybe the admission part is a surprise, but not the perfectionist bit.

A corollary of this is that I don't announce my goals very often. I have lots of FO posts, but I'm always shy about goals. What if I fall short? You know, not be perfect?

I'm going to put it out there, this time. I'm trying NaKniSweMo. Yesterday, a box came in the mail with Wendy Bernard's Custom Knits and 9 skeins of gray Merino Style. I grabbed my size 5 needles and cast on Pink. But in gray. The color is actually called Hawk, but it's grey, so I can't help but call this sweater... The Gygax Sweater. Thought I was more of a Forgotten Realms fan, myself.

And if you get the reference, come roll some dice with us. We just picked up the 4th edition books and I'm slowly learning the system.


I'm going to try to finish this month, but without going nuts. It's a goal, and I'm putting out there. And, you know what? If I don't make, there are no consequences. It's okay.

Right?

2 comments:

Beth said...

Take a deep breath and repeat after me....the pleasure is in the process:)

Tikabelle said...

I am not a process knitter. I say, damn the torpedoes and full speed ahead. Go big or go home!

...and also I'm officially giving you until the 4th of December as the end of your NKSM. That will give you 2 days to send it to me via overnight mail as a birthday present - I wear a size 35.

That is all. Except I totally have to dig out my Salina. Oy.