Sunday, November 1, 2009

One piece Gusseted Fingerless Mitts

I've knit two sets of simple fingerless mitts in the past week. The kids seem to like them because they can still play and draw in the car without taking off (and losing) their gloves.

A while ago, I knit these. They were a huge hit. Then the little dude wanted fingerless mitts like his sister. In a vain attempt to use up the green and yellow yarns from his hat and sweater striped mitts ensued, but there’s still a bunch of yarn. (48 yards)



IMG_4531
Originally uploaded by thebookstoregirl




Then Sweet Pea left her favorite fingerless mitts at pre-school. They closed to school for a week due to the flu, so I let her pick out yarn for a back-up pair. The yarn looks red in some lights, fuschia in others. (66 yds). They're baby cashmerino on size 3 needles for a tight, warm fabric.




IMG_4576
Originally uploaded by thebookstoregirl

I improvised both sets on 2 circular needles. They're gusseted, but instead of putting the thumb stitches on a holder before going on, I simply bound them off. Too easy for words. I think it would be too short on an adult mitt, but it works just fine the the kids'.

I'm not usually a joiner but, next up? NaKneSweMo.

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

Awww, cute!

I'm nearly ready for NKSM. A couple of gift cowls need to be knocked out first, but then? Salina!