Friday, January 1, 2010

All ahead Squee Factor 10!

IMG_5126

A Julia (Louet S-11) spinning wheel joined our family this Christmas!

It came with a half pound of dark coopworth, found on this page. You can actually see it on the floor in the above picture. I had other fiber from my spindle, but the coopworth was sitting closest to the wheel, so that's what went in first. It has now become this:

IMG_5210

and has been soaked, thwacked and is now dripping dry in the dining room. Overspun? Yes. Usable? Maybe. Done? Yes.

I love the wheel. We're still getting to know each other, but I love it. I still have a million questions about it, but we'll see. Right now the right treadle makes a weird, grindy, squeaking noise when I squash it down, but that might be related to my troubles when the footman is at the azimuth.

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

HOOOOORAAAAY!!! That's so exciting. I'm so happy for you!

You may just need to oil the treadles. I'm sure you thought of that already, but new wheels will (as the internet will tell you ad nauseum) drink oil like nobody's business.

Happy New Year! Are you going to join TSL for the Ravelympics? :D

Anonymous said...

Nice post & nice blog. I love both.