Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Dopamine Circuit

It's a time for talking about resolutions and goals. You know what a lot of these resolutions are missing? Rewards. If you're not already doing something, chances are you need a bit of incentive to do it. If I want to do something but can't seem to get around to it, I give myself a little reward. Something that I want, that I can get, but I won't unless I achieve the predetermined goal. And it works.

Dopamine in the neurotransmitter involved in reward based behavior. As part of the blog redesign, I've added a little box in the sidebar sharing my current goals and their planned rewards and called it the 'Dopamine Circuit'. Let's see what kind of goodies I can earn this year, no?

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

Ooo, I like it! I'll have to come up with some concrete rewards for myself. Maybe we should work on a joint goal plan to go to Rhinebeck this fall! What would that be worth, I wonder?