Thursday, January 7, 2010

Lace Hijacking

I'm not really sure what happened. This morning, I sat down to work, planning to reward myself with a quiet afternoon of knitting while the kids were at school. I have frogged this and was totally ready to start turning it into this, a similar sweater but several sizes smaller. Or maybe working on another polar bear chullo, based on these swatch mittens.

Then I happened across this post on Jacey's blog (she's a knitter with the same birthday as me, can't pass that up!) and started musing about lace. Next thing I know, I've got a stack of lace books on the table, my laceweight drawer open, and have joined 10 Shawls in 2010 group on ravelry. I may have an impulse problem.

First up. Stonington Shawl from EZ's workshop. And maybe the Children of Lir stole, if I can find where I stashed the pattern. I'm casting on this afternoon.

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

DARN YOU! Now I want to start a Stonington shawl instead of figuring out 9 more slides about "Why I Want to Teach." Really, can you blame me? UGH.