Friday, January 22, 2010

Photo session and some shameless begging

With my first week of lectures successfully behind me and the kids in school for a few hours, I spent this morning getting caught up on my knitting pictures!  With two spinning and six knitting projects newly photographed, all I had left to do was choose which to tell you about first.  The spinning FO won out.  Now presenting... My 2nd yarn spun on my wheel!  

IMG_5344

It's the unimaginatively named 'White Romney'. Seriously.  I need to come up with better names.  There's 202 yards at 9-10 wpi, making it a worsted weight.  It's not nearly as overspun as my first, and is much softer.  And I have no idea what to knit with it!  I think I may dye it before I decide, though.  After dyeing merino the other day with the kids, I've been itching to do it again.  Maybe brown and reds?  I need help here, people!  Color and project ideas are not only welcome, but strongly encouraged :)


And now, for a totally gratuitous shot of me and the Little Dude. 
IMG_5299

Sweet Pea has been experimenting with her photography skills, and does pretty well for a 4 year old!

1 comment:

6p0120a5fdb14e970c said...

I just found your blog and really like it. I would recommend a nice cowl, a pair of fetchings, or possibly a cabled hat. If it's a consistent 9-10 WPI, you'll have too much for a hat, but I just did a hat out of handspun and the thick/thin nature meant it took longer to get rows and I was on size 6 needles so it wouldn't be too gappy. And you're really close to the yarn amount for Cascade 220... you could just check out ravelry for single skein patterns with Cascade -- I'm assuming a lot of long mittens/wrist warmers!