Friday, January 15, 2010

Planning 10 Shawls

Today, I bring you two lists: why I joined the 10 shawls in 2010 insanity, and what I plan to knit. I joined this group for 3 reasons:
  1. I’m trying to set m ore big goals for myself. You know, ones that you’re not 100% sure that you can finish. You never know until you try!
  2. I love knitting lace, but realized that I didn’t finish a lace project last year because I got stalled out on a sampler stole. I still have the stole on the needles, but I think the yarn, while beautiful, is too busy for the pattern. But, I want to get my lace mojo back!
  3. Stash busting!
Here's what I've planned to knit, so far, in no particular order:

1. Stonington Shawl in Moss Alpaca Cloud..

2. North Star with lovely qiviut from my mom for my 30th birthday.

3. Something with Sea Silk that I got from my mom for my 31st burthday. Ideas welcome. I've got 2 skeins for a total of 874 yards, but I could make 2 things.

4. Children of Lir stole in the stream colorway of Alpaca cloud.

5. Celtic Knot Stole in the dill heather colorway of Alpaca cloud (I've got buckets of this yarn! Love it!)

6. Something out of Henry's Attic Pony laceweight dyed by a friend of mine. It's currently partway through the sampler stole, but it needs a simpler pattern to show off its colors. No idea what, though.

7-10: Since the above takes us nearly through August, I've left this open.

11. A multi-colored biased eyelet stole with the leftovers from the other projects.

12. Something with handspun, should I get that good by the end of the year.

I'm still planning my sugar-water for this particular exercise. I was thinking that I might try for something special and lace related. Then again, I may be totally sick of knitting lace come 2011. It's still up in the air

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

Brie, you're over-achieving again! That's 12 shawls! :P

I like the Children of Lir shawl; it's pretty. And that Alpaca Cloud... I don't care for it as much as I do for the Shadow, but I'm not sure why. I find alpaca to be a little scratchy, so that might be a good reason...

Jacey said...

Wow. You've got yours all planned out! I look forward to seeing all the gorgeous shawls.