Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Garter Yoke Henley

Recently, I was reorganizing my stash and noticed that my sport/dk weight drawer was getting ridiculously full.  In fact, my ziploc bag with 4+ skeins of swish DK leftover from my St. Brigid wouldn't fit at all.  Frustrated, I tossed it on the floor and went to look for a pattern to knit it up since it wasn't fitting back in the drawer.  I am loving all the garter yoke sweaters that I've been seeing on blogs and ravelry, mostly from the knit.1 pattern.  I didn't have the pattern (I do now... :) so I busted out Ann Budd's Handy Book of Sweater Patterns and worked up a kids' seamless yoke sweater with garter stitch edgings.  Once I got to the yoke, I split it for a henley and worked the entire yoke in garter stitch.  `I ran out of swish DK for the top and worked the last inch or so in leftover Elegance.  `
IMG_5514
I have the buttons picked out, but haven't gotten a chance to sew them on yet.  Sweet pea has already adopted this as her sweater of choice, and I haven't even gotten a chance to block it yet.  It's weighs in at 494 yds, 472 of which is the swish DK.  The link to my project page is here.

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

Nice! Great stash-busting there, champ! My yardage for the year is ridiculously short. Ahh, well. It's an ongoing process...