Saturday, February 6, 2010

Snowed In

We, like so much of the east coast of the US, are snowed in. Both of the kids are sick, so we hadn't planned on leaving much, but are bitterly disappointed that they can't go frolic in the snow.

Not that I'm complaining - there's plenty to do inside! I've got a house guest coming next week (hi Mom!) and need to clean the guest room. I've got a job interview next week, tests to grade, and an exorcism to perform on a demon-possessed sewing machine so I can finish the dress that Sweet Pea so desperately wants. There's snow to shovel and a batch of soup that needs to be dreamed up and made for next week's easy food. It's 7am on Saturday and what am I doing? Finishing a hat, listening to my Everlast station on Pandora, and rearranging my ravelry queue.

Let's talk about queues for a moment, shall we? It has recently come to my attention that some people resent their queues, find them stressful, or nagging. I've got 7 pages, and I use it like my own personal knitting magazine. Every time a pattern catches my attention, I throw it on there. Then, I don't have to waste valuable knitting time thinking, 'now where was that belted sweater pattern?' and can just page through at will. This morning I've rediscovered several patterns that I suddenly must knit Right Now. If you'll excuse me, I'm off to browse some yarns to go with.

Happy Weekend, readers :)

2 comments:

Steph said...

I've never understood the queue being stressful thing. Maybe I'm not taking my knitting seriously enough or something, but my queue serves as inspiration and ideas--it doesn't matter if I ever make everything on it or not. (Though I probably should weed it out. Hmm.)

Tikabelle said...

Hahaha! That's how I use my queue too. I finally started tagging everything so I could search by "cardigan" or "lace" or "shawl." It's much less stressful now. :)

Enjoy being snowed in! I went out in Sacramento last night and got totally chilled. It was 65 degrees. /headdesk