Friday, February 19, 2010

Triinu Birthday Scarf

I have family visiting from out of town right now, which has been tons of fun but has superceded blogging.  However, the sun is just rising, the automatic coffee maker has not yet started grinding, and the rest of the house is sleeping peacefully.  I, dear readers, am bringing you... this!

IMG_5358

This is the Triinu Scarf from Knitted Lace of Estonia, knitted in Knit Picks Gloss Lace, colorway Aegean.  I hated this yarn the first time I tried it, which is weird because everyone else seems to have overwhelming lurve for it.  I didn't hate it this time, but it certainly didn't fill me with snuggly goodness while I was knitting.  Also, the only modification I made to the pattern was to leave out the nupps, because I abhor all things bobble.  Thus, I used only 396 yards for the entire project, making it a One Skein Wonder!


The best thing about this scarf?  Remember the aforementioned family?  My mom is in town to celebrate a Big Birthday (one with a 0 in it) and the scarf is for her.  And she loves it. 

IMG_5498

And have you seen these? I think I'm in danger of needing these.

No comments: