Friday, April 23, 2010

Eight Stars of Holes on a Field of Muskox

...and you should already be singing the Alaska State Song, because that's what I was humming the entire time I knit this scarf. I'm sure it wasn't annoying to my family at all. And, since I started in January and finished this weekend, it was pretty frequent.  This took forever to knit, mostly because the yarn is so nice that I was afraid to take it out of the house.  That means no car knitting, no restaurant knitting, no work knitting, no dance class knitting. 

About a month ago I thought that I had finally finished it.  I completed the last row of pattern repeat and proudly held it up to show DH only to see a strange mutant star, two repeats down.  I had omitted the entire center section of one of the pattern repeats, leaving a strange tiny diamond in the middle.  I couldn't even bring myself to take a picture.  But, instead of letting it languish, I pulled it back and fixed the problem.

IMG_5989

Pattern: North Star Scarf, from Arctic Lace
Yarns: 397 yds Windy Valley Muskox Qiviuk (A birthday present from my mom)
My project page

2 comments:

Dragonsabre said...

Noooooooow I'm going to have that song in my head. But I'm glad you finally finished that scarf, it's gorgeous :)

Tikabelle said...

Beautiful! And yes, now I have it stuck in my head. Way to go, Brie!

Also, had dinner with Joe Beedle last night, who says hello. Am also toying with going to Juneau for the 4th of July... I think I must be crazy.