Friday, April 9, 2010

Snowy Midnight Merino

IMG_5901

That's 210 yards of handspun, chain-plied superwash merino!  I bought the roving from the Bonkers fiber booth at the Estes Park Wool Fest in 2007, just a week before the Little Dude was born.  That gives you an idea of how long its been languishing in my stash.  Languish no more, merino!  You are spun.

The ravelry entry found here.  Anyone else dying for ravelry to release better stash and project management for spinning?  And, while we're asking questions, any idea what to do with 210 yds of DK weight handspun?  I was sort of thinking of Jared Flood's Druid mittens.  Do you think the tonal variegations would obscure the cabling?

I also finished some boring socks.  240 yds.  Dyed by me and finally done.
IMG_5873


Now, if you'll excuse me, I just downloaded the Kindle app for my iPod touch and am going to figure out how the read the free poems of Erasmus Darwin this afternoon.

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

I love how "behind" we both are in the 12-Mile Quest. Maybe The Quest is having a Chicago Cubs sort of year. LOL!

That handspun is pretty! I love chain-plying. I know it theoretically doesn't hold up as well, but as I'm spinning for my own enjoyment and can buy hard-wearing clothes at the store, I don't care so much. I think the Druid mittens would be a good choice. You could also make stranded mittens with a solid or semi-solid, and that would obviate any possible uneven issues with the handspun.