Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Dream in DNA

I don't do a lot of gift knitting.  Either I'm afraid it won't fit, or it won't be the right color or style, or my knitting simply isn't 'good enough.'  I'm trying to get over this idea that various aspects of me aren't 'good enough' so I'm doing more gift knitting.

IMG_5985
Dream in Color Classy, Cloud Jungle; 248 Yards.

Plus, this was perfect.  June Oshiro's DNA Scarf is one of the first 10 things that I ever queued on ravelry, the first day my account was activated for the beta (anyone else remember how exciting it was to get that email?).  I've wanted it for myself, but I only use DNA occasionally in my work.  My office mate, however, is quite the geneticist, so this scarf is now hers.

This is the first time that I worked with Classy, and I like it.  I used size 7 needles, which was really dense.  I think I might go up a size or two if I use it again, though I'm not sure I will any time soon.  The colors are nice, but I'm falling further and further in lurve with spinning.

Next up?  An FO of the Stonington...

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I love it! The slight variation in color is really lovely and subtle.

I remember getting that email as well. Very exciting!