Monday, May 3, 2010

Maryland Sheep and Wool

Yeah.  I'm not there.  It's less than 2 hours away, but I opted out again this year.  Instead, Sweet Pea had a rocking birthday party, I've knit a ton, and even managed to play a bit of Star Trek Online (just don't tell my WoW mage!). 


Since I didn't spend money on a hotel this weekend, I got this and this at from Corgi Hill Farm.  Due to my planning and her crazy-fast shipping, I started on the merino/yak blend this morning.  Still getting the hang of the fiber itself, and I'm completely entranced by the colors.

Speaking of spinning, Corgi Hill Farm fiber, and what I did this weekend:

IMG_6188


Here's Sweet Pea, wearing her new February Little Girl Shrug. It's 200 yds of handspun (remember this?) based on EZ's February Baby Sweater. In retrospect, I should have done more raglan increases and left out a row of the yoke increases, but it's pretty cute. 

2 comments:

Jacey said...

The cardigan is darling! I've never been to MS&W, but I also live in Houston, so it would definitely be a full trip. Someday, though.

Tikabelle said...

She's so BIG! Oh my gosh. One of these days we'll go to MS&W. For reals. The handspun looks great!!