Friday, June 4, 2010

Celtic Knot

This week has been a crazy week, but last ee was a productive week here and Chez Book! Not only do I have a completed shawl and a completed handspun project, but my carpal tunnel syndrome is killing me!

DSC00097

Celtic Knit stole. 854  yards of Knit Picks Gloss Lace in Stirling.  I'm not wild about the pictures, but I'm still getting the hang of the new camera.  And that's 4 of 10 shawls for 2010.  This one went pretty quickly, and the pattern seemed fairly intuitive to me.  Again, I cut out a repeat.  I did three knots, rather than four.  It huge and I was running out of yarn.

IMG_6289
This is the Kiss, Kiss, Bang, Bang batt from CorgiHillFarm. I swear I'll spin something not from her again, but I'm not sure when.  I've already got another braid (cashmere blend - yum!) on the wheel right now.  For this batt, however, I got two skeins of singles, for a total yardage of 327 yards.  I made an effort to keep this thicker than the laceweight singles that I've been getting.  As a result it's pretty rustic looking.  It's my first attempt to spin for a specific project.

1 comment:

Jacey said...

Wow, fourth shawl down! Great job! I love the Sterling colorway in Gloss Lace.