Saturday, June 12, 2010

Felici Set

I like the idea of self-striping yarns, but I often find that the joins between the colors to be too jarring.  I also needed to knit up a quick gift, and am nearly out of worsted weight yarn.  So I tried holding this Felici doubled and.... ta da!  Much subtler color shifts, very light but bouncy fabric and the whole set knit up in 3 days.

DSC00260

The set is 450 yards of Felici in Dakota, with a smidge of Essential (now Stroll) in Grass thrown in to make the hat long enough.  The Dakota is long discontinued now, I think.  The set is for the Little Dude's teacher.  They've already had their last day of school but, luckily, she'll be at the summer camp as well because I didn't manage to finish it on time.

In other news; I'm just about to get another sewing machine!  My Huskystar C10 is a few years old and I completely hate it.  I won't go into a full review here, but the beast and I do not get along.  I think I'm moving up to an Emerald 183 from my adorable local sewing store.  Anyone have experience with that line?

1 comment:

Jacey said...

Congrats on the new sewing machine! I really have zero experience with brands other than Singer, so I can't offer any advice on that.

The mitts and hat look great; I love a quick gift FO.