Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Recipe Countdown

I've started a new project.  There are no needles, no gauge, no plying.  The plan is to make 365 recipes in a year, beginning june 1. The point is to write down the recipes that I make all the time, and try all the new ones that I find.  I think about my mom's little plexigas recipe box, filled with snippings and 3x5 cards, and I want a place like that to keep mine.  I've tried in the past and (guess what?) not finished.  So, here's to the finishing of projects!

The feasibility analysis has quickly turned into actually starting the project.  I hit the kitchen on June 1st with some initial jam making. Let's be clear. This is not a commitment to make a full dinner, at home, every night.  Really. I am not going to turn into a food blogger.  I will not try 30 iterations of a recipe in one week until I get the right one. I will not take pictures of everything I make.  But I did go out tonight and buy a mandoline and a meat tenderizer tonight.

So, what do you think?  Anyone interested in a few recipes here and there?  Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

Always. :D This should be fun! Enjoy yourself and don't forget to go to the gym occasionally... LAWL

Jacey said...

I am! Have at it. I love the goal you've set for yourself.