Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Elegant Pullover

Remember this sweater?
IMG_4516
It was frogged quite some time ago and has finally realized its potential as this:

DSC00843

This is the first in the round of Project: Wearable Sweater.  I have a few other handknits that I never wear due to fit problems, and it's time for them to get back in the game!

The pattern is Hannah Fettig's Lightweight Pullover.  The yarn is 1034 yards of Knit Picks Elegance, in a color that's been discontinued for some time now.  There are a few weak places in the yarn, but it's hardly surprising given how many times the yarn has been frogged and reknit.  Oh yeah - and it's hot!  It'll be nice in the winter, but I had to tear it off as soon as the photo session was over.  As for the pattern, I have to confess that I did modify the sleeves. I didn't do any decreases, and let the ribbing pull it in slightly.  This is the type of sleeve from my garter yoke pullover, and that's one of my favorite things about that sweater.  I'm sure the fitted sleeves would have been more elegant.  But you can see here that they're slouchy, and that's kinda my favorite style.

DSC00833

This pattern is pure stockinette (you know, except for the ribbing) and has been great while I read, work, etc.  Moments after casting off, I cast on Hannah Fettig's Featherweight Pullover to fill the same purpose.  That'll take ages, so don't hold your breath, because... Tour de Fleece is on, baby!

3 comments:

Beth Stewart said...

Wow! I wish you didn't hate red. My lovely red sweater is now way too big!

Jacey said...

Yay for wearable sweaters! I'm excited (and envious) to see your progress on Tour de Fleece.

kicknknit said...

heh.. one more thing to the queue.. I've never knit a sweater... ever..someday!