Monday, July 12, 2010

A Note on Goals and Rewards

Today is the rest day for Tour de Fleece and I am resting.  Well, plying, but not *technically* spinning.  And I've decided what my reward will be if I complete my TdF goals... A Woolee Winder!  I've not tried one, but read about them and they sound heavenly for plying.  Anyone out there try one?

The other goal I've decided on today is recipe-related.  As many of you know, I've lost 100+ pounds through exercise and changing my eating habits; mostly using guidelines from the South Beach Diet.  Not all of the 50+ recipes that we've tried on the Recipe Countdown have been SBD-friendly and I'll admit that a few pounds have crept back on.  So, before I tip the scales at 250 again, I thought I'd use both positive reinforcement and my new recipe project to get them back off.

Here's the goal: Two weeks of SBD dinners and low or no sugar treats.
Here's the plan:
Pesto Chicken
Parmesan Chicken
Chicken and Avocado salad with Walnut Vinaigrette
Shrimp and Avocado Salad
Park City Cashew Chicken
Courgette Soup with Turkey Bacon and Bleu Cheese
Halibut Caddy Ganty
Summer Squash and Turkey Gratin
Halibut with Sun-dried tomato mayo
Taco Salad
Vinegar cream sauce, either on chicken or shrimp
Chicken salad with Feta and Peanut Lime dressing

As for going out, McDonald's has Bacon ranch salads, Panera has Greek salads, and Chipotle has fantastic burrito bowls.

Reward:  Clothes shopping!

2 comments:

jayne said...

You lost a hundred pounds?? I totally had you pegged as a skinny chick since birth! That's awesome.

kicknknit said...

mmmm.. Pesto chicken. I just made pesto from my basil plant.. I'm totally going to cook some up with chicken.