Friday, July 23, 2010

A Quick Hat

My Interweave Knits fall issue came a few days ago in the mail.  I only made it as far as the article on twisted stitches.  Before I knew it, I had raided the stash, grabbed some size 7s, and cast on Meg Swansen's Proverbial Cap.  I made a few alterations.  As per usual, I had to size it up for my ginormous head.  The pattern calls for worsted weight on 4s, so I did worsted weight on 7s.  I also screwed up by misreading the chart altered one of the cables by doing an extra twisty repeat.  Yeeeah...

DSC00940
126 yards of Cascade 220 in some sort of green tweed (I know, helpful, right?).  And am I crazy for just now noticing that the '220' in Cascade 220 is because each skein has 220 yards?  I've only had this in my stash for 2+ years.

Any way, the hat only took a couple days to finish, but was a nice little break from Tour de Fleece.  I've still been spinning, but the end is in sight!  I'm plying tonight to try to finish one last skein before the end....

1 comment:

Jacey said...

I love a quick hat, especially if it's green.