Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Socks in the Rain

If my neighbors caught a glimpse of me this morning, I'm sure they thought I was crazy.  It's raining buckets here, and the light is awful for photographing knits.  Not to be dissuaded, however, I propped open my storm door and got my yoga workout by balancing on my doorstep, holding my be-socked feet in the air to get the rain in the background.  Hopefully the camera flash was mistaken for lightening and no one came out to see what I was up to. 

DSC00886

DSC00885
I knocked these socks out in a couple of days.  I bought the yarn at Twist, a great little knitting and spinning store in New Hope, PA.  This is my first time using Claudia Hand Paints (in Fingering, colorway Teal Party, single skein) and I really liked it.  I used size 2s, 54 st foot circumference and they're nice and sproingy.  I knitted these one at a time until just after the heel turn, then put them both on 2 circs and finished them out together to maximize my single skein.

1 comment:

Jacey said...

They're gorgeous! Sorry to hear about all the rainy weather. We had that for the past two weeks, but now it's sweltering and I miss the rain.