Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Handspun Christmas Set

Much of the recent knitting has been Christmas presents, so the details are under wraps for several more months.    I can, however, share this:
DSC01720
with you, because I'm pretty sure the recipient is not a reader.  Just in case, I'll keep the identity secret.  Together, this hat and fingerless mitt set comes in at 215 yards of handspun.  The patterns are just a basic tam and mitttens from Ann Budd's Handy Book of Patterns.

I really can't sing the praises of that book enough.  I have lots of pattern books and stitch dictionaries, yet I always find myself going back to the Ann Budd book.  Even more so since I started spinning my own yarn and like to let the yarn take center stage in a project.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Cute set! I bet it feels good to use that lovely handspun.

I've got some Christmas knitting on my list, but that is a very long list. I'm not sure of the outcome for Christmas knitting.

Dragonsabre said...

You're the cutest boxer ever! And the yarn is nice, too.