Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Undecided Handspun

If you've been keeping track of my mileage on the side bar, you'll notice a big jump recently.  I've finally gotten around to adding in the totals of everything I finished in the black hole that was September.  Now to share it with you, my lovely readers!

Some handspun whose fate has yet to be decided:
DSC01496

Chocolate cherry Superwash BFL sample.  24 yards, 16 g chain plied.  It's somewhere between a dk and a light worsted weight.  At this small yardage, it's probably only going to be good combined in colorwork with another handspun.  Any thoughts on a color range that would look good with these pinks and browns?  I feel another fiber order coming on...


DSC01494
Forest Glade.  562 yards, 81g. Spun from Corgi Hill Farm batts of Merino and Tussah silk, probably in a light fingering weight.  This is slippery and still a little over spun, but I like it!  Still no idea what to do with it.  Any suggestions

The pictures are strangely moodlit, what with the trees casting their long autumnal shadows on my yard these days.

No comments: