Thursday, December 30, 2010

My First Year of Handspun

DSC01494
This is 848 of 2-ply, plus a little bitty 20-yard skein of chain-ply.  This was a merino/silk batt called Forest glade, from Corgi hill farm.

DSC01496
Chocolate cherry BFL mini

DSC02197
This fun little thing is a bunch of color samples from Corgi Hill farm, of fibers mostly blended silk samples

DSC02179
This is 214 yards of a light worsted superwash merino called Chocolate wine (plus a little 24 yard chain ply), also from Corgi hill farm.

DSC02557
This is 196 yards of another light worsted superwash merino in Denim.  The chain plying on this went really badly, and I have no idea why.

All total, having a wheel is exactly what I dreamed it would be.  I love it, and I've finished just over 4600 yards on it this year.

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

Damn, girl! That's a lot of handspun! Congratulations! I hope 2011 heralds a new era of spinning for me. One must prepare for the apocalypse! Our skills will be NEEDED then!

Jacey said...

Wow, 4600 yards is incredible. I look forward to seeing what you and your wheel produce this year!