Tuesday, December 28, 2010

We Three Shawls

There are several days left in 2010 and, thus, only a few days to finish Shawl #10 of 10 shawls in 2010.  You may be surprised at that number, because I still have 3 shawls to show you!

The first is a handspun Madli's shawl which I made for my mom for Christmas.  Since she's one of my mainstay readers (hi mom!) I've been sitting on this one for months now.  It's 530 yards of a Corgi Hill Farm-dyed merino/cashmere braid that I spun for Tour de Fleece.
DSC01490
This is a Peacock Tail and Leaf shawl made of 308 yards Alpaca Cloud in Raspberry Heather.  Also a Christmas present, finally making its blog debut.  This one was a really fast knit - the pattern was fun, but easy to memorize.
DSC01710
The third is a Multnomah, which I finished on the 23rd.  It's still not blocked (maybe I'll get a chance next year!) but Sweet Pea has already adopted it as her own.  
DSC02369
It was a fun conglomeration of all sorts of lace ends from the previous 8 shawls (plus others from last year, and one that didn't quite make the yardage requirements).  It's a total of 1066 yards of 7 different kinds of laceweight (for a breakdown, you can see the project page here).  The color gradations are seen better here:
DSC02370

This pattern hit my sweet spot of stupidity.  It's simple enough to not engage my brain at all, but complicated enough that I couldn't get the feather and fan to line up.  Really.  Didn't happen.  Let's blame it on the cold medicine, shall we?

Shawl #10 is more than halfway done.  Guess what it is?  Another multnomah.  Here's hoping I can get the increases centered.

2 comments:

Tikabelle said...

I see you've been adopted by the Tree-as-Dressmaker's-Dummy school of photography! I love it, and the shawls! (Hi Brie's Mom! /wave!)

I'm stalled out on my Hera Mountain Ridge Shawl because I can't get the feather and fan to line up, either. It defies traditional numerical order of counting, I swear. Grrr.

Jacey said...

You're totally going to finish! That's incredible. Your newest shawls are beautiful, especially your handspun gift shawl. Are you going to participate in 11 shawls in 2011? I'm probably going to skip that one...