Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Yarn Blocked Hats

Several weeks ago, I really wanted to buy some yarn.  Really, really wanted to buy a sweater's worth of Klickitat and Malabrigo Worsted.  Weeks went by, and things were out of stock, and back ordered, and different lots and it was all ridiculously frustrating.  I was completely yarn blocked.  Somehow, I ended up down at Michael's, coming out with 5 different skeins of Vanna's Choice.  I'm not even kidding.  And I got some great Christmas hats out of it!

A twisted rib (136 yds):
DSC02200
A Koolhaas (107 yds):
DSC02205
And three self-designed hats with garter stitch earflaps and a garter edge (277 yds):
DSC02203

I also got a Noro hat (119 yards) out of the stash-diving part of my frenzy - it matches my Noro striped scarf, but the Little Dude has appropriated it.

DSC02143

Now, it's my birthday today.  So I'm off to buy yarn, my lovelies!

3 comments:

Tikabelle said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Now we're the same age again. WHEW. That was a stressful 3 weeks! :D

Don't forget to show us pictures of the new yarn! Birthday yarn is the best.

Jacey said...

Happy birthday! I forgot we shared a birthday. I hope you had a good one. What yarn did you end up buying? You've been a productive hat knitter as of late!

Brie said...

Thanks all! I tried to buy a yarn meter, but they were backordered too! I kid you not. So, I got some sock yarn - I think 2011 will be about socks. I'm sort of over churning out shawls!