Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2010

Whew!  What a year!

We've had a good one here at Chez Book, and are hoping for a continuing happy trend in 2011.

I finished all 10 shawls for the challenge, a fact only held out by two largely-garter-stitch Multnomahs in the last 2.5 weeks of the year.  Here's the final one:
DSC02560
The yarn is a special skein of laceweight dyed for me by a friend several years ago in a secret santa swap.  I've been wanting to do something spectacular with it, but it turns out the subtle color variations really wanted something simple.

I'm done with the shawls.  There's an 11 in 2011, or something like that, but I'm switching gears for 2011.  I was thinking of my own sock club, but I only have 2 skeins of sock yarn in my drawer.  Two!?!  WTH?

As for the 12 mile quest.  Dudes, I was only 800 yards shy!  That's waaaaaay better than last year, in which I crapped out somewhere in mile 6.  The spinning wheel definitely helps.  And, this is a fun way for me to keep track of how much I finish.  It's also good inspiration to get things finished and have fewer WIPs laying around.  So... here goes 12 miles in 2011.

In the spirit of new beginnings, I spent New Year's Eve frogging projects, drying self-dyed yarn and watching movies with the fam.  Here are some of the ingredients for 11 sweaters in 2011:

DSC02568
A frogged hooded scarf into a cabled sweater (or this?) for Sweet Pea.

DSC02566
Two skeins of klickitat that I dyed grey to become an Inishturk for Mr. Book.

DSC02567
Three skeins (and some minis) for a colorwork sweater for Little dude.

Not pictured:  A drawer of Palette for an EZ fair isle, and 9 skeins of same-dye-lot Malabrigo for a blackberry cardi.  Both for me, cause I'm greedy that way.  This is also going to be frogged and reforged into something that will fit my mom.  I also plan on finishing my Feathered Plum Cardi.  That puts me at seven.  I'm sure I can find five more...

Happy New Year to you and yours!  I look forward to sharing further craftiness!

2 comments:

Jacey said...

You've got big plans for the new year, it seems. What did you use to dye the gray yarn?

Again, I'm proud that you finished 10 shawls in 2010. Amazing!

Tikabelle said...

ZOMG I want to play with sweaters! I am teh suck at them. And that Blackberry cardi is phenomenal. I have to go toss my sweater yarn stash now...

Also, my word verification is "fierse," which I feel is a good indicator for this year. Go us.