Monday, January 24, 2011

Broiled Tilapia and Roasted Broccoli

Tonight, I tried my broiler for the first time.  Or, really, any broiler for the first time.  I've been toying with my newly downloaded Whole Foods recipe app (which is awesome) and collected a set of week night dinners.  Tonight was adapted from this recipe.  It's also the first in a series that I'll tag 'Costco Gourmet'.  To qualify for this, recipes must have the majority of their ingredients from Costco - which is really easy to do in this house!  The roasted broccoli went well with it, but the recipe will wait until later!

DSC02618
Broiled Parmesan Tilapia

1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided 
2 tablespoons low fat mayonnaise 
4 tablespoons homemade yogurt or sour cream 
2 tbs lemon juice
1 teaspoon dried tarragon 
4 tilapia fillets
Combine half of the parmesan and all other ingredients except the fish.  Smear over tilapia and let sit for 15-20 minutes. 
Preheat broiler.  Line baking pan with foil.   Place filets on foil and sprinkle on remaining parmesan.   Broil 4 to 6 inches from heat until topping is lightly browned and fish flakes easily with a fork, 5 to 8 minutes.


Thanks to you all for your sweater comments!  After taking those pictures, I got around to trying on the body that I had knitting and... either my math or my gauge was off.  So, I must either 1) frog or 2) finish and gift.  Decisions decisions!

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Fish and yogurt go so well together.

Dragonsabre said...

And, might I add... om nom nom :)