Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Sock stash

As promised, here's the rest of my sock yarn.  My birthday resulted in two Knit Picks orders. The major point was a yarn meter, which means I no longer have to count incessantly while using my niddy noddy. I'm excited about that, but it hardly makes for a pretty picture. What does is this...
DSC02591
Stroll tonal in Springtime and Kindling in the aftereffects of last week's blizzard. The kindling is destined for fire starters, while the springtime is still undecided.  I queued up a ton of socks in '09 that I still haven't managed to knit.  One lucky winner will get the springtime!

DSC02592
This is the new Chroma, a noro-esque series of color progressions in a fingering weight.  These colors are New England and Galapagos.  I plan on using at least one of these to try out more of Cat Bordhi's sock architectures.  Maybe Upstream, or Sidestream?  I did ridgelines a few years back and didn't care of them, and haven't picked up the book since.   I think subtle self-striping yarn might show off the architecture well.

I now have 10 skeins of sock yarn ready to go!  Now I just need to cast on...

2 comments:

Jacey said...

The Chroma caught my eye as well, but I'll have to live vicariously through your stitching! Now you've got lots of sock options.

Tikabelle said...

Hmmm, that stroll tonal is really pretty! I'll have to think about it. Y'know, when my 5 million skeins of sock yarn are knitted up. Bah.