Monday, March 21, 2011

Summer is Coming

And I've got a sweater for it!
DSC02926
The pattern is Hannah Fettig's Featherweight Cardi, with a few mods.  Mostly I extended the arms and body to make it a little warmer against summer AC.  It's 1082 yards of knit Picks Shadow.  This has taken months to finish, and it falls under both the 'Queued for longer than a year' and sweater category!
DSC02925
I also modded the collar/front/edging a bit, in the style of the Forestry (which is still one of my all time fave sweaters).  While that collar worked for the relatively heavy City Tweed, it was not perfect for the shadow.  It's a bit floppy, which you can see in the above picture.  I may or may not tack it down.

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Awesome! It's on my to-knit list, and hopefully, I'll get around to it at some point. It looks lovely!

Tikabelle said...

Ooo, SUPER cute! I bet I have that pattern AND that raisin colored Shadow around here somewhere... maybe we could be trans-continental twins!