Thursday, April 14, 2011

Galapagos Anklets

Back when knit picks first announced its new subtly self striping Chroma sock yarn, I knew I wanted to try it.
DSC03021

These were a quick knit, in my usual toe-up pattern.  I used 1.5s, and its a nice, dense fabric.  The yarn is a bit fluffier than the Stroll/Essential that I'm so used to.  Chroma is a single, rather than plied, which I think helps to keep the color gradations simple and uncomplicated.  These came out to 250 yards of the Galapagos colorway for a pair of anklets.  I have plenty left, but I'll just toss it in the leftover sock yarn bin for a rainy day.

And also, we will be making these next weekend.  I'll take pictures if I can keep the kids off of them for long enough :)

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Cute socks! I love the name. Ooh, Peep S'mores. I just love S'mores.

Beth Stewart said...

Cute socks, but peeps s'mores? Does Auntie Jen know about these?