Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Favorites

Here's a list of some of the fun things on my radar these days:
  • Sweet Pea just got her ears pierced and it excited about all the associated accoutrements.  Though she only has one pair of earrings, she's pretty sure she needs an earring holder.  Some time on Craftster brought this one to my attention.  Easy, and super cute :)  Though I might cover the felt with cute quilting prints. 
  • I have become addicted to Starbucks Via.  I never liked the taste of instant coffee before, but this is fantastic.  I avoid the flavored once because they come preloaded with sugar, but the Columbian is a fantastic, every day alternative to mucking about with coffee grouns.
  • Sweet Pea and I now have matching workout shorts, thanks to a sale at Old Navy.  They're $5 each, and the girls' XL was big enough for me (though I couldn't bring myself to get the hot pink Zebra...).  Matching might be a bit corny, but she loves it and they're only little once :)
  • Apples and peanut butter.  Hardly a recipe, but a great snack.  
  • For another fruit based snack, we're planning on fresh strawberries with creme fraiche.  Dorie Greenspan's Creme Fraiche (you can find the recipe here) has been on my to-do list for awhile, and I finally have heavy cream in the fridge!  Yippee!
That's all I've got today.  Have a good weekend!

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

You are a helpful Smurf! I've been thinking that I need to try making creme fraiche on my own since it's expensive at Trader Joes. Thank you!!