Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Languishing Scarf

DSC03472

This scarf languished in the WIP bin for a ridiculously long time. Ridiculously.  The yarn is Casbah Sock (in Woodland colorway), which was a present from my mom (Hi Mom!).  It has enough cashmere content that I was a little intimidated at first.  I mean, what if I screwed it up?  So, it languished (and was petted) for nearly a year before I settled on a simple pattern that highlighted its pretty color changes without a distracting pattern.
IMG_4417
So, by the end of 2009, I had cast on as per The Commuter Scarf pattern.  The pattern is simple, and really great for variegated or handpainted yarns.

Then, I was whisked into the 10 Shawls in 2010, and this scarf languished in a drawer for an entire year!  I got it out in January, only to realize that a single skein would make a scarf that was a bit too short for my tastes... Luckily, I tracked the colorway down again, didn't bother with the dyelot, and managed to get 134 yards into a luscious scarf.

1 comment:

Tikabelle said...

It's very pretty! I've got a good bit of Casbah myself and haven't had the huevos to break into it yet either, so don't feel bad! LOL