Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Running Break

I am now 2 weeks into my new running schedule and I have a worrying ache in my right foot, ankle, and shin, as well as slightly strained adductor muscles.  Awesome, right?

I may have started out with too much enthusiasm when I jumped from no treadmill running to 12 miles a week on the treadmill.  I'm going to spend a week back on my normal exercise routine (now with more yoga!) then try a slower incorporation of treadmill running next week.  To ensure that I'm not just giving up, I've picked out a present for myself once I get back on the treadmill.  If I do get back on after a week and stick with it, I'm getting myself this super-pretty yoga mat!  Or maybe this one.  I'll let you know :)

2 comments:

Jacey said...

Wow, that is a big transition, so you may be right. I'm sure after a couple of weeks of slightly less intensity, you'll be back on track. I'm proud of you in your quest!

Tikabelle said...

I was prepared to scoff at your interest in yoga mats, but they're really very pretty so now I can't! Congrats on the running, and I look forward to hearing that you aren't in any pain when I see you on Thursday! THURSDAY!!!!