Friday, July 1, 2011

Friday Favorites: Media edition!

Here are the music, books, and games that are making my week!
  • Gaelic Storm.  Fun band, funny songs, with lots of energy.  And a bit of Irish.
  • I just finished up book two of Patrick Rothfuss' Kingkiller Chronicles.  Here's a link to book on, The Name of the Wind.  It fantastic, epic, character-driven fantasy - my absolute favorite.  
  • Speaking of books, I've had a nook color for a couple months now.  I held out against e-Readers for awhile because I've always loved the smell and feel of books.  But, I absolutely adore it!  And I read 10x more often now that I've got books so easily available.  Also, if you're into classics, many of them are freely available on most platforms.
  • I'm currently reading The Winds of Khalakovo, another fantasy novel.  This one has a Czarist flavor, and I'm a sucker for the combination of interesting magic system paired with social commentary.  It's so engrossing that I missed my trainstop on the way home last Monday...
In other news, summer is revitalizing my interest in sewing.  Sadly, I can't seem to find a fabric store that isn't completely depressing, so this obsession is on hold for now.  I'm knitting socks in the mean time.  

1 comment:

April said...

It's a hike, but I recently found Quilter's Corner in Chadds Ford. Great fabric selection and very helpful staff. There's also a yarn store in the shopping center, so you can double your fun! :)