Thursday, January 5, 2012

Trying out Applique

I've been intrigued by applique for awhile.  I got a few books from the library, read all sorts of blog posts, then decided to just try it out!  The night before we left for our awesome Thanksgiving trip to DC, I cut out two large rectangles from some of DH's old jeans.  Then I used the method from this blog post to make some circles.  I cut my pattern circle by tracing the top of a pint glass on some cardboard on the way to the recycling bin.

By the time we were on the way home, I had this:

DSC05350

I folded over the top, sewed it down, and ran a ribbon through it, to get a handy bag:
DSC05349

It currently hangs from the doorknob and holds my machine's foot pedal and power cord!

Applique no longer scares me!  In fact, I've got big plans...

Next up on my 2012 sewing list:
A Christmas Tree skirt! - I love this one
Embroidered Onesies
An abstract wall hanging
A duvet cover - with more circles!

No comments: