Monday, January 9, 2012

Year of the Family Recipe begins with... Salad Spotlight!

Family recipes... the ones that get made over and over again.  Or the ones that are so bad everyone remembers the night you tried them, and ordered pizza instead.  I have a separate blog where I track all of my food exploits.  It's more of a scientific notebook than food blog, really.  I record all the recipes I try, even the one that turn out... not so hot.  Negative results are still results, after all!  But, I wanted to bring some of the more successful and repeated recipes to this blog as well.

This year, my goal is to get 365 more recipes onto that blog.  I use it all the time when I'm short on time, don't feel like going to the store, and need some inspiration.  I started out with 46, so I should get a grand total of 401 recipes on their by the end of the year.  Starting with.. salad!

DSC02870

These salads are the mainstays of my lunches.  They're easy to throw together, either before work or at home.  When I take them to work, I have a jar of plain lettuce, then carry the rest in a separate jar.  Mix at work, and... ta-da!

Every weekend I cut and wash a big bunch of lettuce, then keep it in a gallon bag in the fridge.  You can try this idea here, but I don't have a Food Saver.  I don't, however, have any problems with browning edges.

1. Cobb

2. Greek

3. Quick Taco Salad

4. Bacon Turkey Salad

3. California Goat

No comments: