Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wool Sweaters in the Summer?!? Part 1

This winter was hard on my knitting mojo.  I understand that global climate change has far-reaching consequences.  I didn't realize that my knitting would be one of them!  My desire to pick up yarn is subconsciously driven by being cold.  So, very little knitting occurred this winter.  This...

DSC05831
was finished for the Noodle prior to his arrival.  The hat fit perfectly at the hospital.  The sweater might fit in the fall.  Both are free, fast, great patterns for using up leftover sock yarn and make a great set (sweater is here and hat is here).  I didn't hit my stash of leftover sock yarn, however.  I have several bags of different colors of Rowan Wool Cotton (seen here in grey) and Debbie Bliss Wool Cotton (the blue).  Of the two, I prefer the Rowan - the colors are a little deeper, whereas the Debbie Bliss always looks a little flat to me.  In fact, I'm trying to figure out how to make a sweater in my size using the 2.5 balls I have leftover of the Wool Cotton.  Pretty sure I can't, but I like a good challenge :)


No comments: